Now back from our travels and have now caught up with business backlog.
We had a great time with some random observations FYI
- Food and service on Avalon Luminary were excellent and a big improvement on Avalon Vista although I had the impression the cabins were smaller - may be my imagination.
- Hotels in Budapest and Bucharest were superb and both were in great locations for walking which suits me and Bets.
- We stayed in a fabulous hotel in Prague - Kings Court Hotel. Great location and amazing value for money. We stayed in an Executive Room (little bit more expensive) and therefore had access to Executive Lounge which served buffet food all day long and every drink under the sun (including alcohol) until 6.30 pm.
- Transylvania excursion was OK but Bran Castle was a disappointment - very difficult to tour (steps and narrow passageways) and boring dark rooms. Not sure it is worth the extra cost.
- We flew to LHR with Tarom (Romanian Airline) - pleasant experience - nice plane, good legroom and hot lunch with drinks thrown in! All for $65.00 each - compare that with Delta, United and American here in USA.
- Stayed overnight at Gatwick Hilton South Terminal (before returning to FL) - terrible hotel with dated rooms and poor service - never again.
- Whilst touring royal palace in Belgrade, Crown Prince Alexander and Princess Katherine came to meet our tour party and welcome us to their Palace - they must have heard I was in the tour group! No pictures I'm afraid as cameras are strictly forbidden in my presence.
- Thank you both for arranging a great East European tour - overall impression, Eastern Europe is 20 years behind the West!!
- A few pictures attached for your amusement.
Neil and Bets W.
Share your story! Had a great trip with the help of Sterling Travel Group?
Email it in (and any photo) to: email@example.com